Shift Interior Design is HIRING!
JOIN OUR TEAM
Part-Time Interior Design Assistant
Shift Interior Design is a full-service boutique design studio specializing in creating designs for custom interiors. Our portfolio ranges from color consultations to full home remodels to small commercial projects. You would assist the Interior Designer on multiple projects and a variety of responsibilities including answering calls, creating 2D and 3D drawings, and communicating with clients through email, phone and in person. You will assist with design projects from start to finish and at varying stages of the design process.
You may assist with some or all of the following:
• Selecting and specifying interior finishes, fixtures and equipment
• Contract documentation
• Drawing documentation
• Project proposals
• Attend company events and meetings
• Attend local and virtual networking events
• Marketing campaigns
• Work closely with the clients, contractors and other vendors
• Gather information about clients and projects
• Research materials and project related information
• Assist with product sourcing and procurement
• Assist with project installation and design coordination
• Create mood and color boards
• Create furniture boards
• Ability to actively listen and clearly communicate with designer, contractors, vendors, clients, and others on the project, inquiries, and new clients
• Follow industry standards and best practices
• Presentation skills
• Design Coordination skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Create functional, safe, and aesthetically pleasing designs
• SketchUp and Chief Architect 2D and 3D drawing software
- Minimum 1-2 years interior design experience in residential (space planning, furniture layout, selecting interior finishes, fixtures and equipment, custom design, custom furniture, etc)
- Commercial design experience a plus
- Construction knowledge and experience preferred
- Design software experience in SketchUp and Chief Architect
- Office software experience in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in creating marketing materials using programs such as Canva, Adobe, Microsoft, and email
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in an interior design related field, CIDA accredited program or
- A student in a CIDA accredited interior design program
- Main office is located in Norman. You will work mostly from home and travel locally throughout the Oklahoma City metro area for projects.
- Will need access to a computer, internet and online based programs to collaborate and communicate with Designer, contractors, vendors, clients and others involved in a project
- COVID-19 considerations: we will follow the clients’ lead in wearing masks. If that makes them more comfortable, we ask that you follow their request.
- $20-25/hour based on qualifications
Start Date: We have immediate availability.
If your portfolio is too large to attach, please email me directly at [email protected].